"Teaching is the profession that teaches all the other professions"





Monday, April 7, 2008

The answer and the story behind my question of the week...

My question of the week was: How many licks did it take me to get all of the candy off of a tootsie pop? The correct answer is...1118!!

The following is a true story...

It all started when I was on the tour bus to drive 3 hours south of Salt Lake City. I was in high school, and we were going on a 3 day stake youth activity down to the R & R Ranch. One of my friends gave me a tootsie pop, and I thought, "hey, we have 3 hours to do nothing, so why don't I just lick all of the candy off to the tootsie pop." I don't know why I just didn't see how many licks it took to get to the center of the tootsie pop. Perhaps it was my original plan to lick to the center, but I do not remember. Anywho....So I counted for real...and it took me exactly 1118 licks to get all of the candy off of the tootsie pop so that only the tootsie roll part was visable! I know, I have no life, but what can I say?...I was in high school.

Thanks to all who participated this weeks poll. Congrats to the two who got it right! Your reward is....a big old pat on the back...(as I didn't not prepare any real reward). Perhaps one day I see how long it take me to get to the center.

Have a great day!

3 comments:

The Bing's said...

darn I didn't get it right...but hey atleast now I have an interesing fact to randomly share with the people at work!! Thanks Nate!!!

Becca Jane said...

I love your new poll...I already know the answer, cuz I didn't eat it either! I actually didn't eat 2 of those things...eew! Maybe when we make it back to Korea we can be brave and try it together!

DeAnn said...

I'm always too impatient eating tootsie pops and end up biting them at the end. Those foods all sound nasty!! I think I would eat zero of them.