"Teaching is the profession that teaches all the other professions"





Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Answer to the question of the week...

Here is the answer to my question of the week: Which of the following did I NOT eat in Korea?
The answer is....steamed silkworm larvae or bundegi in Korean.

I never ate bundegi...and I never will. It is just sick and wrong. Becca never ate it either, because we wouldn't be able to get close enough to buy it anyway because it stunk up the whole street. It smells so bad!!!! I had dog a couple of times, and it isn't very good either. It tastes like old, bitter roast beef. I also ate pig intestines boiled in blood, or soondae. At first I liked it because I didn't know what it was, but once I found out I almost threw it all up and I could never bring myself to try it again. Becca said that she actually liked it when she didn't know what it was. And the last one, squid jerky, was my favorite. It was actually pretty good. There would be little side stands that sold it, and we would get some. Not too bad at all.

I miss Korea and the food there...(except for 3 of the things above). Congrats to the 3 people who guessed right! Hope you enjoyed this weeks question. Have a great day!

2 comments:

DeAnn said...

It all sounds nasty!

Missy said...

Eww, all that stuff sounds gross! I voted for pig intestines boiled in blood...eww, I didn't know you ate that in Korea!